NDRRMC Update SitRep No.11 re: Effects of the Southwest Monsoon and Typhoon "Butchoy"
• DepEd, CHED and the Local Government Units suspended classes in all levels (public and private) in Marikina, Navotas, Malabon, Pasay City due to continuous heavy rains
• Some schools in Quezon City, Caloocan, Valenzuela City and some schools in the Provinces of Pampanga, in Naguillian, La Union and Rizal were suspended by the school administrators.
• Various roads in Marikina, Navotas and Malabon were reported flooded
• Classes in all school levels in Commonwealth Avenue, Quezon City are suspended due to heavy rains
• At 8:10 AM, 18 June 2012, four (4) families from Brgy. Potrero, Malabon were evacuated at Brgy. Hall. As of reporting time, evacuated families have returned to their respective homes.
• Boundary of Brgy. Poblacion, Tabing Ilog and Brgy. Nagbalon in Marilao, Bulacan experienced flooding on 18 June 2012.
• Brgy. San Juan, Guagua, Pampanga experienced flooding on 18 June 2012 due to the combined effects of high tide and continues rains brought by TY “BUTCHOY”.
• Classes in Guagua, Pampanga, Olongapo City and selected Municipalities of Bulacan – Doña Remedios Trinidad, Norzagaray, Obando, Marilao are suspended from pre-school to high school on 18 June 2012.
• PDRRMC San Mateo is monitoring the situation of the San Mateo River. As of reporting time, no evacuees was reported in Banaba and in other low-lying areas
• San Mateo Rescue are on alert status for possible deployment
• Families from Brgy. Banaba, Sta. Ana, Campit and Dulong Bayan in San Mateo, Rizal have been alerted for possible evacuation in case the water level elevates 1 m or more.
• As of 9:00 AM, 18 June 2012, water level was expected to subside and evacuees have started to go back to their residents. There were 65 families/280 individuals evacuated in Aranzasu covered court, Brgy. Burgos, Rodriguez, Rizal.
• Classes from pre-school to elementary level were suspended in San Mateo, Rizal. Classes in Rodriguez, Rizal were also suspended from elementary and high school as of 18 June 2012.
- Daram, Samar
• At around 5:00 PM of 15 June 2012, an unidentified pumpboat boarded by 10 persons, 8 passengers and 2 operators, capsized while sailing the waters from Brgy Birawan, Daram, Samar to Catbalogan.
• PCG and Daram PNP immediately initiated SAR operations