NDRRMC Update re Effects of Southwest Monsoon Affecting Luzon and Visayas as of 23 July 2012, 6:00 PM
VI. PREPAREDNESS MEASURES UNDERTAKEN
· NDRRMC Operations Center maintains a RED ALERT STATUS and continuously monitoring and disseminating 24 hour Public Weather Forecast, Gale Warning, and General Flood Advisories to all RDRRMCs/OCDRCs through SMS, facsimile and websites for further dissemination to their respective Local Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Councils (LDRRMCs) from the provincial to the municipal levels.
· PAGASA is continuously providing NDRRMC OpCen with updates on Gale Warning, 24-Hour Public Weather Forecast, General Flood Advisories; detailed personnel at the NDRRMC OpCen for prompt coordination with their bureau.
· Disseminated NDMMRC Advisories – Gale Warning No. 2 STRONG TO Gale force Winds, Flood Advisory No. 2 for Pampanga River Basin and General Flood Advisory No. 4 Region III – to all provinces affected through SMS and facsimile for further dissemination to their respective LDRRMCs from the provincial down to the municipal level. RDRRMC III Operation Center has been on alert status since 19 July 2012. Monitored the evacuees in Pulilan, Bulacan, the flooded areas in Bulacan and Pampanga, suspension of classes and dam releases.
· PDRRMC Bulacan closely monitoring Bustos Dam water releases and instructed LDRRMCs for the regular monitoring of rain gauges and water levels in all stations. Alerted the residents living along Angat River from Norzagaray to Hagonoy for possible water level increase on 22 July 2012.
· LGU Pulilan thru Pulilan Rescue Team provided food packs to the evacuees in Tibag Chapel on 23 July 2012.
· Continuously disseminating the 24-hour Weather Forecast, Shipping Forecast and Gale warnings to PDRRMCs, CDRRMCs, LGUs and line member agencies trough SMS and facsimile and updated the Facebook and Skype account to ensure the effective dissemination to the public and advised them to take appropriate actions.
· Coordinated with the local DRRMCs and LGUs and advised to put their operations center on alert for any possible effects of Southwest Monsoon and the weather situation in the area of their responsibility
· Disseminated weather advisories and flood bulletin to all RDRRMC members / support agencies, LDRRMCs and local media and uploaded to the OCDRDRRMC Facebook page to ensure public safety.
· Coordinated with PDRRMCs re weather situation and advised to closely monitor situation especially in low lying areas and report any incident in connection with the latest weather disturbance.
· Coordinated with PNP PPOs re incident in relation to the weather disturbance.
· Coordinated with PDRRMC Camarines Sur re flashflood casualties.
- PDRRMC Camarines Sur Operation Center on 24/7 operation.
Disseminated weather and flood advisories to all C/MDRRMCs concerned and local radio stations thru SMS, fax message and email. Monitored Bicol River Basin area.
Continously monitored Area Of Responsibility (AOR)