NDRRMC Update Incidents Monitored Covering the Period 270800H-280800H June 2012
2 . ARMED CONFLICT IN COTABATO AND SARANGANI
• Two (2) incidents of armed conflict were reported in Region XII:
- On or about 6:00 AM, 24 June 2012, an armed conflict occurred affecting residents of Brgys Mesalan and Lawili, both of Aleoson, Cotabato. Likewise, on the same date, a similar incident occurred affecting Brgy Tunganon, Carmen, Cotabato Province.
- There were 225 affected families/ 700 persons and 1 wounded in the incident.
- On or about 2:00 PM, 26 June 2012, residents of Sitios Mantolan, Maguling and Maitum, Sarangani Province were forced to evacuate due to armed conflict.
- A total of 68 families/ 327 persons were affected.
- PNP and AFP joint team facilitated the evacuation
- CDRRMC conducted relief operation and food assistance to the IDPs.