Monthly price and food security update, May 2012
• National annual headline inflation rate was reported at 3.0 percent in April.
• Consumer price index was recorded at 129.4.
The movement was attributed to the increase observed for all commodity groups.
• Slow decline in fuel prices was observed over the past month.
• Above normal fluctuation was observed in the average retail prices of major commodities in North Cotabato.
• Production forecast for paddy and corn are estimated to be higher than last year’s level by 3.4 percent and 4 percent , respectively.