Pakistan: Monsoon Update, Issue 4 | 9-17 August 2013
• Monsoon rains experienced in early August and the current spell have triggered riverine and flash floods in vulnerable regions. The current spell is weakening.
• Rising water levels in the rivers Indus and Chenab pose a serious downstream flood threat.
• Water reservoirs in Pakistan and adjoining catchment areas of India are fast approaching their optimum levels, therefore fresh river flows are likely to exacerbate the flood situation.
• Media reports indicate recurring flood-related losses in north-east Punjab and Dera Ghazi (DG) Khan Division, eastern Balochistan, and adjoining regions of Sindh.
• The humanitarian community stands ready to support ongoing Government responses in flood-affected areas
To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit http://unocha.org/.