Pakistan: Monsoon 2012 Situation Report No. 2 (as of 3 October 2012)
• Humanitarian partners have so far distributed 655 tons of food to more than 50 per cent of the 20,000 flood-affected families scheduled to receive food assistance in Balochistan and Sindh.
• Health partners have provided life-saving medicines for 443,159 people in the hardest hit districts in Balochistan, Punjab and Sindh.
• Water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) partners are providing water via tankers to more than 230,000 people in Balochistan, Punjab and Sindh daily.
• Government authorities have so far distributed 265,132 food packages, 52,689 tents, 20,787 blankets, 45,000 bottles of mineral water and 4,380 jerry cans, among other relief items.
• More than 300,000 people in the flood-affected districts urgently require comprehensive nutrition care.
• Funding constraints are hampering humanitarian response in the flood-affected areas.
To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit http://unocha.org/.