Pakistan Market Price Bulletin, September 2013
• Staple food prices continued to rise, with average retail prices of wheat and wheat flour in August registering an increase of 4.5 and 2.6 percentrespectively, compared to the previousmonth.
• Headline CPI wasrecorded at 8.5 percent on a year‐on‐year(YoY) basisin August 2013, compared to 8.3 percent in the previous month, and 9.1 percentin August 2012.While,the CPI food wasrecorded at 10.3 and 2 percent, on YoY andmonth‐on‐month (MoM) basisrespectively.
• World wheat production for 2013/14 islikely to be atrecord level of 709million metric tonnes as perlatest estimates.
• The prices of petrol and high speed diesel increased by 3 percentin average.
• Increasing cereal prices caused further worsening in the terms oftrade in August.