Occupied Palestinian Territory: Escalation in hostilities Gaza and southern Israel Situation Report (as of 26 November 2012, 1500 hrs)
• The Egyptian-brokered ceasefire between Israel and Hamas appears to be holding.
• Normal activities in Gaza resumed on Saturday (24 Nov), including schools, crossing for goods and passengers, trade and public administration.
• Following the ceasefire, Palestinians have been able to access farming areas next to the perimeter fence, as well as fishing areas up to six nautical miles from shore.
• An inter agency rapid humanitarian needs assessment is currently underway by the UN and partners, in coordination with the local authorities.
• Initial priority needs identified include psychosocial support; basic repair for damaged homes, schools and clinics; non-food items for the displaced; and mitigation of ERW risks.
To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit http://unocha.org/.