Floods and Landslides Situation Update (16 June to 18 June 2013)
This update was issued by UN Field Coordination Office (UNFCO), Nepalgunj. It covers the period from 16 June to 18 June 2013.
- Total number of reported deaths due to flooding and landslides in Mid and Western regions has reached 9, with 20 people missing and 1 injured;
- Assessment are ongoing, however, estimates suggest approximately 575 families displaced; and over 774 families affected;
- The damage include: police post, 76 houses, cowsheds, hydropower, roads and crop fields.
- Flood related health problem are not seen yet but it will be a major need in post flood situation.
- DDRCs in the districts are coordinating for the response.