Southern Africa Floods and Cyclones Situation Update# 2
This bulletin was issued by the Regional Office for Southern Africa (ROSA). It covers the period of 02 to 29 February 2012. The timing of the next report will depend on changes in flood conditions.
I. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
• Tropical Cyclone Irina is expected to make landfall on southern Mozambique in the next few days.
• Irina crossed northern Madagascar on 26 February, but did not cause major damage.
• The bulk of the region is expected to receive normal to below normal rainfall over the remainder of the season.
• In the Cuvelai floodplains of northern Namibia, a new flood wave is expected to reach the Oshakati area in the next week. Responders should monitor the situation and be ready to respond.
• Localized floods continue to be reported across the region.
To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit http://unocha.org/.