Official Report from Regional Government of Madeira - 25/02/2010, at 06.30 p.m.
- The European Commissioner Mr. Johannes Hahn will visit the Autonomous Region of Madeira on the 6th and 7th of March to get acquainted with the finance needs to restore Madeira Island.
- On the 28th of February there will be a show called "A flower to Madeira", organized by SIC (private Portuguese television channel) and "Coliseu dos Recreios", with the patronage of His Excellency the President of Portuguese Republic and the participation of various Portuguese artists, in order to raise funds for Madeira victims.
- The Museums are reopened.
- Next Sunday we will have the 1st Cruise Ship calling the harbour of Funchal with 4.500 tourists.
- The local tourists operators are launching alternative excursions in Madeira Island.
- Most of the schools will be reopened tomorrow and next Monday.
- Public services are operating with reduced services and will be normalized soon.
- Public transportation, in Funchal, is available with 32 routes.
18 people are still in the Hospital.
563 people, 170 families are reallocated in temporary shelters.
In Ponta do Sol and Ribeira Brava, especially in Serra D'Água and Meia Légua the situation will be restored as soon as possible.
Electricity is being established all over the Island, with the exception in small areas.
Mobile phone connections and fixed communications network are operating in the entire Island.
We inform that there is an official fund which is located in BANIF - International Bank of Funchal with the IBAN PT 50003800011986711677151 and SWIFT CODE BNLFPTPL.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATIONS:
- Do consider only the information given by the Regional Governement.
- Oficial informations can be followed:
New update will be made in 26th of February at 12.00 p.m.