Liberia: Humanitarian Dashboard (as of April 2012)
- The overall Ivorian refugee population living in Liberia stands at 67,308, down from an initial estimate of 128,000 in January 2012
- Some 32,666 Ivorian refugees live in the camps whereas the remainder, 34,642, are in the host community. Over half of the refugee population live in Grand Gedeh County while a quarter of them live in Nimba County.
- A total of 140,000 Liberians in the 4 counties hosting Ivorian refugees are extremely vulnerable due to their poor purchasing power and fragile coping mechanisms stretched to the breaking point during the refugee inux.
- Based on current trends and assuming a stable situation in Cote d’Ivoire, UNHCR projects the number of Ivorian refugees at 44,000 by end of June and 29,000 by December of 2012
- Since April 2011, an estimated number of 156,759 Ivorian refugees have returned back to Cote d’Ivoire from Liberia
- Following the signing of the Tripartite agreement between the Government of Liberia, UNHCR and Goververnment of CDI in August 2011, a cumulative number of 3,999 Ivorian refugees have been volontarily repatriated to Cote d’Ivoire
To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit http://unocha.org/.