Eastern Africa Humanitarian Bulletin, Issue 31 | 15 December 2013 – 20 January 2014
• Government of Kenya deploys troops to stop intercommunal violence in Moyale
• An estimated 494,000 IDPs and more than 86,000 refugees displaced by conflict in South Sudan
• Humanitarian community activates a three-month response plan and provides assistance in accessible areas of South Sudan
• Expulsion of migrants from Tanzania and Saudi Arabia ongoing
• M23 reportedly regrouping, as other armed groups continue to attack civilians in eastern DRC
To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit http://unocha.org/.