Floods in Jakarta and its greater area - Situation Report No. 02 (as of 18 January 2013)
- Floods continue to inundate areas in Jakarta spreading across 74 villages in 31 sub-districts. They represent 8% of Jakarta geographical areas.
- Eleven persons reported dead.
- The affected include 248,846 persons or 97,608 HHs.
- 18,018 IDPs or around 4,000 HHs are displaced in around 68 displacement centers.
- The Governor of Jakarta has announced 17 to 27 January 2013 as the Emergency Phase.
- A letter offering international humanitarian assistance has been conveyed to and accepted by the Head of the National Agency for Disaster Management (BNPB) on 17 January.
- Floods in Banten, a province next to the western part of Jakarta is also suffering floods for the last one month. Flood waters in Banten are receding.
To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit http://unocha.org/.