Southwest monsoon-2013: Daily Flood Situation Report - Summary of important events as of 25.09.2013
RAINFALL/FLOOD SITUATION IN THE COUNTRY
Rain/ thundershowers occurred at many places over Gujarat region, Konkan & Goa and Andaman & Nicobar Islands; at a few places over Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand and Lakshadweep and at isolated places over Madhya Maharashtra, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, West Rajasthan, Punjab, Haryana, Jamu & Kashmir, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, east Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Odisha and Assam & Meghalaya. Weather remained mainly dry over rest parts of the country. The amounts of rainfall (1 cm or more) recorded at 1730 hours IST of yesterday were: Mahuva-6; Bhavnagar and Ambala-4 each; Baroda and Bulsar-3 each; Dahanu, Mumbai, Mayabandar, Long Islands and Barmer-2 each and Mahabaleshwar, Harnai, Diu, Surendranagar, Jorhat, Ludhiana, Shimla, Gorakhpur and Madikeri-1 each.
Indian Meteorological Department (Major features of weather forecast)
- Rain/thundershowers would occur at most places over Gujarat state during next 24 next 24 hours and at many places thereafter.
- Rain/thundershowers would occur at many places over Konkan & Goa, coastal Karnataka and Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
- Rain/thundershowers would occur at many places over east Rajasthan and west Madhya Pradesh during next 24 hours and at a few places thereafter.
- Rain/thundershowers would occur at a few places over north Madhya Maharashtra, northeastern States, West Bengal & Sikkim, Odisha, Kerala, Bihar, Jharkhand and east Uttar Pradesh.
- Isolated rain/thundershowers would occur over rest parts of the country.
CENTRAL WATER COMMISSION (daily water levels and forecasts for level forecast sites)
There is 01 Moderate flood situation sites in the country as on 25.09.2013.