Southwest monsoon-2012: daily flood situation report summary of important events as on 29.07.2012
RAINFALL/FLOOD SITUATION IN THE COUNTRY
Rainfall occurred at most places over west Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal & Sikkim and northeastern states; at many places over Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, east Rajasthan, Vidarbha, Orissa, Jharkhand, Bihar, west coast, Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep; at a few places over Himachal Pradesh, east Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Maharashtra, interior Karnataka, Telangana and north coastal Andhra Pradesh and at one or two places over rest parts of the country outside Rajasthan, Kutch and Tamilnadu where weather remained mainly dry.
Indian Meteorological Department (Major features of weather forecast)
• Rain/ thundershowers would occur at many places over western Himalayan region, Haryana, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh , Bihar, east Rajasthan and Gujarat region.
• Rain/thundershowers would occur at many places over central and rest east India during next 48 hours and decrease thereafter.
• Rain/thundershowers would occur at many places over west coast, northeastern states and Andaman & Nicobar Islands. .
• Rain/thundershowers would occur at one or two places over remaining parts of the country.
• CENTRAL WATER COMMISSION (daily water levels and forecasts for level forecast sites)
• There are 07 Moderate flood situation sites in the country as on 29.07.2012.
DEPLOYMENT OF NATIONAL DISASTER RESPONSE FORCE (NDRF)
• 29 Teams consisting of 980 personnel of NDRF have been deployed in Assam –14, Andhra Pradesh – 01, Jharkhand-01, North Bengal-04, Maharashtra-03, J&K-02 and Bihar-04.