Southwest monsoon-2012: daily flood situation report summary of important events as on 17.08.2012
RAINFALL/FLOOD SITUATION IN THE COUNTRY
Rainfall occurred at many places over Jammu & Kashmir, Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh, Mizoram, Kerala and Lakshadweep; at a few places over Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand, Orissa, Konkan & Goa, Madhya Maharashtra and coastal Karnataka and at one or two places over Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Haryana, East Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, West Bengal & Sikkim, Assam, Marathwada, Vidarbha, interior Karnataka, north Andhra Pradesh, Tamilnadu and Andaman & Nicobar Islands. Weather remained mainly dry over rest parts of the country. The chief amounts of rainfall (2 cm and above) recorded at 1730 hours IST of yesterday are : Dehradun-6, Bikaner, Kota and Kochi-3 each and Pendra Road-2.
Indian Meteorological Department (Major features of weather forecast)
• Rain/thundershowers would occur at many places over western Himalayan region.
• Rain/thundershowers would occur at many places over Rajasthan and east Uttar Pradesh. However, rainfall activity will decrease over Rajasthan after 24 hours.
• Rain/thundershowers would occur at many places over Chhattisgarh, east & northeastern states, west coast, Lakshadweep and Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
• Rain/thundershowers would occur at a few places over Punjab, Haryana and west Uttar Pradesh.
• Rain/thundershowers would occur at a few places over Madhya Pradesh and Vidarbha during next 24 hours and increase thereafter.
• Rain/thundershowers would occur at one or two places over rest parts of the country.
CENTRAL WATER COMMISSION (daily water levels and forecasts for level forecast sites)
• There is 02 Moderate flood situation site in the country as on 17.08.2012.
DEPLOYMENT OF NATIONAL DISASTER RESPONSE FORCE (NDRF)
• 27 Teams consisting of 845 personnel of NDRF have been deployed in Assam –13, Andhra Pradesh–01, West Bengal-04, Maharashtra-03, Uttarakhand-01, Delhi-01 and Bihar-04.