Southwest monsoon-2012: daily flood situation report summary of important events as on 06.08.2012
RAINFALL/FLOOD SITUATION IN THE COUNTRY
Rainfall occurred at most places over Jharkhand and Chattisgarh; at many places over east Uttar Pradesh, east Madhya Pradesh, Odisha and coastal Karnataka; at a few places over west Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, West Bengal & Sikkim, south interior Karnataka and Kerala and at one or two places over rest parts of the country outside Jammu & Kashmir, Rajasthan, Saurashtra & Kutch, Rayalaseema, Tamil Nadu and Arunachal Pradesh where weather remained mainly dry.
Indian Meteorological Department (Major features of weather forecast)
• Rain/thundershowers would occur at many places over Madhya Pradesh, Chattisgarh and Vidarbha.
• Rain/thundershowers would occur at many places over north eastern states.
• Rain/thundershowers would occur at many places over Odisha, Jharkhand, north Andhra Pradesh, west coast and Andaman & Nicobar Islands and decrease over Odisha, Jharkhand and north Andhra Pradesh after 24 hours.
• Rain/thundershowers would occur at a few places over western Himalayan region, Punjab, Haryana, east Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh.
• Rain/thundershowers would occur at few places over Bihar, West Bengal & Sikkim, rest Maharashtra, interior Karnataka and Lakshadweep.
• Rain/thundershowers would occur at one or two places over remaining parts of the country.
CENTRAL WATER COMMISSION (daily water levels and forecasts for level forecast sites)
• There is 1 High flood and 08 Moderate flood situation sites in the country as on 06.08.2012.
DEPLOYMENT OF NATIONAL DISASTER RESPONSE FORCE (NDRF)
• 26 Teams consisting of 836 personnel of NDRF have been deployed in Assam –14, Andhra Pradesh – 01, North Bengal-04, Maharashtra-03 and Bihar-04.