India: Southwest monsoon - 2007: daily flood situation report No-31/2007
- Heavy to very heavy rainfall have been reported over Marathwada, Madhya Maharashtra and Konkan region.
- Heavy to very heavy rainfall has been reported in some parts of the States of Gujarat and Chhattisgarh.
As per provisional information received from affected States there were 28 human deaths (19 from Maharashtra, 05 from Karnataka, 02 from Chhattisgarh, 01 each from Kerala and Orissa) during the last 24 hrs raising the total death toll to 498 from 470.
* No significant rainfall activity has been reported in the rest of the country.
- The low pressure area over East Madhya Pradesh & adjoining West Madhya Pradesh and Vidarbha now lies over southwest Madhya Pradesh & neighbourhood. During past 24 hours, widespread rainfall with scattered heavy to very heavy fall and isolated extremely heavy falls (>25 cms) has occurred over Vidarbha, Konkan including Mumbai & Goa, Madhya Maharashtra and Gujarat region.
- Widespread rainfall with scattered heavy to very heavy fall is likely over Konkan & Goa including Mumbai, Madhya Maharashtra and Gujarat till tomorrow and decrease thereafter. Isolated extremely heavy falls (>25 cm) are also likely over Gujarat region till tomorrow and decrease thereafter.
- Isolated heavy rainfall is also likely over southwest Madhya Pradesh & adjoining southwest Rajasthan during next 24 hours.
Central Water Commission(CWC)
- There is no High flood situation site in the country. However, there are 02 Moderate and 10 Low Flood situation sites.