Macedonia - Defense: Movement and occasional armed provocative activities by the terrorists
Besides the movements of the Albanian terrorist groups in Kumanovo-Lipkovo region, there was also a report on armed provocation from the village of Slupcane towards the Macedonian security forces in the region of Opae, as an attempt of two Albanian terrorist groups to put the village of Cerkes under their control, Gurovski informed.
According to him, the movement of the Albanian terrorists groups in the Tetovo region was reported on several different locations and their presence was registered in the villages of Germo, Drenovec, Mbi Gur, Lesnik and Poroj, as well as in the regions of Nikustak, Tearce and Lesok.
"The Albanian terrorists during yesterday were setting checkpoints for control of the movement of the population on the road Tetovo-Jazince and on three localities on the road Tetovo-Popova Sapka. There were reports on separate armed provocations in the region of Popova Sapka as well, when the Albanian terrorists fired at a helicopter of the Macedonian Army, which was carrying food supplies for members of the Macedonian security forces on this position, as well as on the positions of the security forces on the Tetovo Kale," Gurovski stated.
Since neither of these cases represented direct threat for the security forces of the Republic of Macedonia, they strictly adhering to the cease-fire accord did not fire back.
NATO representative Peter Faith upon a request of the Macedonian authorities spoke yesterday with the terrorists in Tetovo and they agreed to retreat for two kilometers from Lesok, thus the problem in Neprosteno would be resolved.
Macedonia - Defense - Security
CONCERN ABOUT THE DEVELOPMENTS IN LESOK
Skopje, July 10 - Macedonian President Boris Trajkovski held a meeting with Minister of Internal Affairs, Ljube Boskoski and Minister of Defense Vlado Buckovski, the Macedonian Radio reported.
The EU and the US envoys Francois Leotard and James Pardew, as well as the NATO Ambassador to Macedonia, Hans Eiff attended the meeting.
Minister Boskoski after the meeting briefed the reporters that they had discussed the current security situation, especially focusing on situation in the village of Lesok. Boskoski said the Macedonian security forces further restrained from response to provocative actions by ethnic Albanian terrorists, but underscored that that Macedonian forces stood ready to respond provided that no solution was reached.
Minister Buckovski, voicing deep concern over the current security situation in the village of Lesok, said the day would show whether the tension on the terrain was linked to the political dialogue. According to Buckovski, the next two-three days will be crucial for the final outcome of the situation in Macedonia.
Macedonia - Defense
NLA KIDNAPS TWO RESERVISTS OF THE MACEDONIAN ARMY
Skopje, July 10 - Two members of reserve staff of the Macedonian Army, who free-willingly left their positions Saturday and wandered off in Slupcane, were kidnapped by the Albanian terrorists, the Macedonian Ministry of Defense reported.
Defense Ministry's Spokesman, Marjan Gurovski informed that solders Caslav Spasovski and Ljubisa Milanovski had left their positions, in order to purchase certain products and directed towards Kumanovo, but wandered off in the village of Slupcane where they had been captured by the Albanian terrorists.
After the received information that the reservists were in Slupcane, the Ministry of Defense made a contact with representatives of NATO and OSCE mission, who informed that both captured solders were in the village of Ropajce and were in good medical condition.
"OSCE and NATO are making efforts for the two soldiers to be handed over to the Macedonian Army," Gurovski stated.