Ethiopia Weekly Humanitarian Bulletin,7 April 2014
- As of 1 April, 16 per cent of the 2014 humanitarian requirements were funded. The WASH and Education sectors have received no funding so far.
- As of 4 April, 90,375 South Sudanese were registered in Ethiopia’s Gambella region, of which 1,784 people arrived in April.
- As of 4 April, IOM relocated more than 67,600 people to camps. More than 13,000 people in Akobo and more than 9,400 people in Pagak await relocation.
- Following their mission to Gambella last week, the UN High Commissioner for Refugees and WFP’s Executive Director highlighted the need to scale-up the humanitarian response and their concern over the low funding status thus far.
- As of 2 April, 83 per cent of the first round of relief food assistance for 2014 was dispatched, and 30 per cent of the ration distributed.
To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit http://unocha.org/.