Comoros Flash Floods Situation Report # 7
HIGHLIGHTS / KEY PRIORITIES
• 64,987 people (8% of total population) have been directly affected by the floods.
• 80,000 people in Moroni and 3,900 in Mitsoudje were indirectly affected by broken water pumps.
• The water supply in Moroni and surroundings is slowly improving. There is need for information on the drinkability of water as well as reinforced sensitisation on the use of water by the population.
• Analysis of sectorial in-depth assessments for longer-term recovery and rehabilitation throughout the islands are on-going.
• Some 204 km of roads are in need of reconstruction and/or repair.
• Data collection in the agricultural sector is expected to begin with immediate effect.