Comoros Flash Floods Situation Report # 6
This report is produced by the Resident Coordinator’s Office in collaboration with humanitarian partners. It covers the period from 20 to 25 May 2012. The next report will be issued on or around 1 June 2012.
HIGHLIGHTS / KEY PRIORITIES
• 64,987 people (8% of total population) have been directly affected by the floods.
• 80,000 people in Moroni and 3,900 in Mitsoudje were indirectly affected by broken water pumps.
• The water supply in Moroni and surroundings is slowly improving. There is a high risk of cholera outbreaks due to the lack of potable water and sewage services.
• Sectorial in-depth assessments for longer-term recovery and rehabilitation continue.
• Some 204 km of roads are in need of reconstruction and/or repair.
• There is a lack of data collection and information in the agricultural sector.