Chad: Migrants from Central African Republic Situation Report No. 1, 12 February 2014
I. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
• Over 56,000 people recently arrived in Chad, fleeing violence in the Central African Republic (CAR).
• The majority of this population is accounted for by women and children, many school aged.
• Among the arrivals, over 780 Unaccompanied and Separated Children were registered.
• The transit sites lack shelter, food and basic services in WASH, health care and protection.
• Many of the Chadian migrants are extremely vulnerable as they have lost all ties to the country.
To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit http://unocha.org/.