Faryab province/Almar District, Flash Floods Incident Report No. 03
This report is produced by OCHA Afghanistan in collaboration with humanitarian partners. It covers the period from 21 June to 04 July 2012.
I. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
• Floods destroyed 44 houses, and damaged 53 others.
• According to an assessment by district authorities and traditional elders 11 people were killed and unconfirmed reports suggest that six others are still missing.
• 97 flood-affected families received humanitarian assistance on 3 July.
• 200 hectares of arable farming was land washed away and 314 livestock was killed.
• Vehicular access due to blocked roads and insecurity remain a concern.
To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit http://unocha.org/.