Afghanistan Review, 13 August 2013
- The World Bank announces two grants to mitigate the decline in foreign aid.
- ACCI reports a forty per cent increase in exports and a slight decrease in imports.
- Mullah Omar says the Taliban are willing to begin peace negotiations.
- Afghanistan’s first female MP says women rights reforms are coming undone.
- Afghanistan drops efforts to collect taxes from military equipment containers.
- Civilian casualties have increased 23 per cent in 2013, says the UN.
- SIGAR reveals the embezzlement of USD 77 million by an Afghan contractor.
- Tajikistan interested in joining the Turkmenistan-Afghanistan power line project.