- WFP, together with the Ministry of Education and Science, and the Mayor of Bishkek launched the first hot school meals programme for city schools in the Kyrgyz Republic.
- WFP and the National Institute of Strategic Studies presented the finding of the national review on food security and poverty to key stakeholders and partners, linking the recommendations to WFP’s country strategic plan from 2018 to 2022.
- The Government of Japan is providing a USD 4 million emergency grant to WFP and a USD 3 million grant to UNHCR in Pakistan.
- The second Annual Work Plan 2017 agreement was signed with the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA).
- An in-depth survey was conducted on “Food Security & Livelihoods amongst Returnee Families in FATA”.
During the past month, the number of vessels arriving into Al Hudyadah has remained constant, as has the pace of discharge and number of vessels at anchorage. There has been no rapid increase nor decrease. As demonstrated in the table found at the bottom of the second page, there has been a delay the arrival of more than 50% of the expected vessels.
2 liner container vessels have been diverted to Aden in 2017 from Al Hudydah Port.
Vue d’ensemble de la situation
Le cyclone tropical intense Enawo a traversé Madagascar entre le 7 et le 10 Mars. Il est entré par le NordEst du pays à une vitesse d’environ 300 km par heure. Environ 434 000 personnes ont été sinistrées par son passage.
Le 14 Mars 2017 le Gouvernement de Madagascar a déclaré la situation d’urgence dans le pays. Les autorités nationales, notamment le Bureau National de Gestion des Risques et Catastrophes (BNGRC), coordonnent la réponse humanitaire dans les zones affectées.
Maps / Infographics
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS From 23 April 2017 to 7 May 2017
CONTRACT DURATION AND TYPE Duration: One year Type: Fixed Term GS4 Duty Station: Homs
ABOUT WFP The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. WFP pursues a vision of the world in which every man, woman and child has access at all times to the food needed for an active and healthy life. The Office of the United Nations World Food Programme in Syria is currently seeking a qualified Storekeeper based in Homs
The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, emergency school feeding, humanitarian air and logistics services, food coordination and emergency rehabilitation projects and Cash Based Transfers.
This position is open to qualified Somali candidates only. Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply
Duties and Responsibilities:
Effectively receive/dispatch commodities including transhipment (truck to truck) against official approved documentation (e.g. waybills and/or delivery notes) ensuring accuracy in physical count of commodities including the quality in compliance with the established standards.
Prepare, verify and sign off warehouse and transport documents, and maintain confidential files and accurate warehouse transaction records to ensure immediate reporting on commodity movements in line with the corporate requirements.
Key Accountabilities :