Qatar Red Crescent is a volunteer charitable organization that was established in March, 1978. It was an international recognition in 1981 by the International Committee of the Red Cross in Geneva, and joined the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent in the same year.
Qatar Red Crescent (QRC) has completed two housing projects in Mannar District, northern Sri Lanka, for families displaced by local armed conflicts.
The two projects cost QR 3.1 million ($849,315), totally donated by two Qatari sisters who opted for anonymity in pursuit of the great reward of The first project involved building 70 family housing units for 460 people of the poorest families in Kondachi, Musali Division.
In a press conference at its headquarters, Qatar Red Crescent (QRC) has launched a humanitarian project for the displaced inside Syria.
Under the theme of 'Honorable Life,' the project involves building 2,200 clay houses that ensure stability, safety, and privacy for the inhabitants.
The project will be conducted in cooperation with the United Nations.
With support from the State of Qatar, Qatar Red Crescent (QRC) has recently commenced an urgent humanitarian intervention to help the Yemeni refugees arriving in Djibouti to flee the armed conflict in Aden, Lahj, Taiz, and other parts of their country.
Under its Ramadan 1436 A.H. campaign, Qatar Red Crescent (QRC) is preparing to send a medical team to Mauritania to perform cardiac catheterizations for poor children with heart diseases who cannot find treatment locally or abroad.
This year, 35 youngsters aged between two months and 16 years are targeted, with a budget of QR 826,412. On average, the cost is nearly QR 25,000 per operation.
The QRC annual cardiac catheterization project began in 2004 and is financed primarily from the revenue of the Ramadan fundraising campaign.
Qatar Red Crescent (QRC) mission in Lebanon has launched the year-round Charitable Catering project in Arsal, northeastern Lebanon, to help achieve food security for Syrian refugees in Lebanon and create jobs for local workforce.
This project is the first product of the joint humanitarian action undertaken by the Gulf Red Crescent Societies in favor of the distressed Syrians, under the recommendations of the second meeting of the Committee of Top Officials of Red Crescent Societies in the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf (GCC), held last November in Kuwait.
· Continued awareness of information means related to the relief and international initiatives in field of development whether at the international federation and other relief and development organizations in order to encourage our projects and programs with these initiatives.
· Participating in formulating and executing the annual plans and programs for managing the human resources and administrative services; especially in field of supply.
· Participating in proposing the strategic and executive plans and determining the annual budgets for section of supply.
· Executing the programs, annual plans and budgets specialized for section of supply.
Providing HR services for all citizens in the external projects and interpreting and directing the policies and procedures of human resources in way achieves the effective and good management of the external projects of department of relief.
· Participating in preparing the annual labor plans and determining the annual budgets at external offices of Qatar Red Crescent.