The Philippine Red Cross (PRC) has deployed ambulances, 6x6 truck, rescue vehicle, generator sets, Welfare teams, food and medical and family tents as part of its emergency and relief efforts for the magnitude 5.6 and 6.0 earthquakes that shook Mabini, Batangas, and nearby towns at 3:07 p.m. and 3:09 p.m., respectively, on April 8, 2017, Saturday.
Four days prior, on April 4, the province also experienced an earthquake, a magnitude 5.5 tremor with epicenter in Tingloy.
Philippine Red Cross (PRC) has helped a thousand individuals so far, including 75 OB maternal and 20 post-surgery patients, in its swift relief and rescue response to the magnitude 5.6 and 6.0 earthquakes that shook Mabini, Batangas, and nearby towns at 3:07 p.m. and 3:09 p.m., respectively, on April 8, 2017, Saturday.
PRC was first on the scene and has since stepped up its relief and assistance efforts for yesterday’s twin disasters, as well as for affected population of the magnitude 5.5 earthquake that hit nearby Tingloy, Batangas, on April 4, Tuesday.
The Philippine Red Cross (PRC) Welfare Services and medical teams were first on the scene to give relief and rescue assistance to the people of Batangas after a magnitude 5.5 earthquake shook the province on Tuesday, April 4.
Rubb Halls, ambulances, emergency field hospitals, rescue trucks, pay loaders, water tankers, generators, and thousands of doctors, emergency medical technicians (EMTs), surgeons, trained first aiders, and Red Cross 143 volunteers—the Philippine Red Cross (PRC) has mobilized its entire system in anticipation of the “Big One.”
Marie’s husband, a construction worker, was working in Surigao City when the magnitude 6.7 earthquake hit the city on the night of Feb. 10, 2017. She tried calling him to check on him, but he didn’t answer.
Maps / Infographics
- Strengthen the organizational function of child protection management in PRC
- Ensure an efficient and effective approach to managing child protection risks across PRC
- Support PRC in the implementation and monitoring of the child protection policy and the Child Protection work plan, with particular support to training of facilitators and raising awareness
- Develop Child Protection organizational action plan
- Provide technical child protection advice to PRC, movement partners and other stateholders as required
- Work with the Program Advisor and Project Coordinators to ensure findings from the on-going monitoring, specific reviews and other sources of information
- Ensure the program beneficiaries and communities are at a minimum consulted as part of program design, implementation, monitoring and review of programs
- Identify opportunities and approaches whereby communities can monitor program progress themselves and assess the quality of interventions
- Support the development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation plans for each program component, including …
Tasks include but are not limited to:
• Provide technical expertise with all aspects of organizing and implementing Shelter based programs and activities and Complete field visits and assessments
• Train and support community based volunteers and key contacts supporting the Shelter based programs
• Provide general administrative support
• Coordinate as required with program partners, Local Government Units, construction companies and communities regarding development and implementation
Minimum Required Profile:
Position Purpose: To support the coordination and implementation of Water and Sanitation (WATSAN) projects related to Typhoon Haiyan Recovery programs and activities delivered in partnership by the Philippine Red Cross & the American Red Cross.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
• Assist with and act as a focal point all aspects of organizing and implementing WATSAN based programs and activities
• Complete field visits, communicating outcomes & reporting on outcomes as required
The Warehouse Assistant and Forklift Operator will support the program team for implementing TTL(Tindog Tabang Leyteno) program in partnership with American Red Cross. The aim is to provide appropriate recovery support for the most vulnerable families affected by the typhoon Haiyan in Leyte. The project is almost in its last year of completion with staff capacity building activities (project implementation phase is July 2014 to December 2017).
Duties and Responsibilities: