On Monday morning, 16 January 2017, Israeli gunboats chased and opened fire at Palestinian fishing boats. They then arrested 5 fishermen and confiscated two fishing boats in two separate incidents. The Palestinian Center for Human Rights (PCHR) noticed that Israeli forces have recently concentrated their attacks against fishermen in Gaza Sea, denying them access to their livelihood and free fishing in Gaza Sea.
The Palestinian Center for Human Rights (PCHR) follows up with concern the latest incidents in Jabalia refugee camp, where Palestinian security services used excessive force against civilians, including journalists. PCHR stresses the significance of adhering to the legal and international standards when dealing with civilians in all circumstances. PCHR calls upon the Attorney General to follow up the incidents and ensure compliance with legal procedures.
- Israeli forces killed a Palestinian civilian at point-blank range in al-Far’ah refugee camp, in front of his mother.
- A Palestinian civilian was killed after running over Israeli soldiers in occupied Jerusalem
- A Palestinian photojournalist was wounded, and then he and a reporter were beaten by Israeli soldiers.
- Israeli forces continued to target the Gaza Strip border areas, but no casualties were reported.
- Israeli forces conducted 54 incursions into Palestinian communities in the West Bank.
- 58 civilians, including 9 children and 3 women, …
In an extra-judicial execution crime, on Tuesday dawn, 10 January 2017, Israeli forces shot dead in cold blood a Palestinian civilian in al-Far'ah refugee camp, south of Tubas, in front of his mother. The Palestinian Center for Human Rights (PCHR) stresses that this crime was committed after the Israeli political and military leaders gave the Israeli soldiers the green light to shed the Palestinian blood and tolerated the soldiers for their crimes against Palestinian civilians.
·A Palestinian woman was wounded and arrested at Qalendia Checkpoint, north of occupied Jerusalem
·Israeli forces continued to target the Gaza Strip border areas, but no casualties were reported.
·Israeli forces conducted 74 incursions into Palestinian communities in the West Bank and a limited one in the Gaza Strip.
- 67 civilians, including 10 children, were arrested.
- 10 of them, including 6 children, were arrested in occupied Jerusalem.