HelpAge International (HelpAge) is a global network of non-governmental organisations that helps older people claim their rights, challenge discrimination and overcome poverty, so that they can lead dignified, secure, active and healthy lives.
Responses to political and natural emergencies are managed either through the local office supported by the Humanitarian Team (HuT) or by HuT directly (the first applies in this case). These may be both “rapid onset” and long term. HelpAge International participates in most UK Disaster Emergency Committee (DEC) responses to major emergencies through the membership of Age International.
This is a list of essential hygiene items that are appropriate to the specific needs of older people and people with disabilities. Humanitarian agencies undertaking interventions in hygiene promotion should incorporate these items into their general hygiene package so as to target older people and people with disabilities within their response.
Furthermore, the guiding notes also contain tips on what implementing organisations should take into consideration prior to a distribution and after a distribution exercise whilst planning for older people and people with disabilities.
Refugees face similar challenges across Syria’s neighbouring countries
Refugees face similar challenges across Syria’s neighbouring countries, a new report by a coalition of 28 NGOs has found, warning that long-term efforts are still needed by the international community and host governments.
The crisis in Eastern Ukraine has significantly affected the entire population of the Donetsk oblast. However, given the pre-existing vulnerabilities and a demographic make-up of the buffer zone locations, older women and men have been particularly affected.
• 99% reported pensions as their main source of income
• Nearly 1 in 3 of the assessed HHs rely on the older person’s pension as the main source of income • 80% of older people (74% women) reported a decrease in income since the beginning of the conflict with only 1% of older people being able to buy the same goods as before the conflict
Maps / Infographics
IT and Facilities Assistant
· Up to £27,000 depending on skills and experience
· Competitive pension contribution and other benefits
· Scope for flexible working, including working from home
· Opportunity to work for a leading organisation working with and for older people globally
ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE EXISTING RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK
- Bogota, Colombia
- USD 4,000 per month
- 2 year fixed term (with possibility of extension)
- Opportunity to work for a leading organisation working with and for older people globally
ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE EXISTING RIGHT TO WORK IN COLOMBIA
- Competitive package (employer pension contribution and other benefits)
- 2 year fixed term with possible extension
- Opportunity to work for a leading humanitarian charity
Location: Ethiopia/ Kenya/ Mozambique/ Tanzania with extensive regional travel
The Regional Emergency Programme Manager will be responsible for strategic leadership of HelpAge humanitarian response work in the Africa region, offer high quality technical support on emergency work to country offices and network, lead in development and management of emergency programs, represent HelpAge in regional and global technical forums and develop strategic partnerships in programming, advocacy, research & fundraising.