TAGBILARAN CITY, June 27 (PIA) – Responding to the effects of the long dry season and the searing heat brought about by the El Nino, the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) mobilized its resources to bring crucial relief to distressed communities in the island barangays of Bohol.
And, for its initial mobilization, DSWD Bohol reports the delivery of relief food and water packs to 22,771 individuals in 14 towns, most of them from the deprived sectors.
1. Initial Report re Flooding Incident in Valencia City, Bukidnon (Region X)
A. Situation Overview:
• At 6:08 PM, 24 June 2016, a flooding incident occurred due to heavy rains that lasted for three (3) hours in the following barangays in Valencia City, Bukidnon:
- Purok 4, Brgy. Catumbalon;
- Purok 2 and 5 both in Brgy. Tongan-Tongan; and
- Purok Sadin, Brgy. Dagat K Davao
Progress report re: diarrhea cases in Eastern Visayas (Region VIII)
- OCD VIII received report from DOH-HEMS on 09 June 2016 about diarrheal cases in Eastern Visayas from 01 April - 08 June 2016 due to intake of contaminated food and water which coincided with the occurrence of El Niño where dry spell caused water scarcity experienced in highland communities.
El Nino continues to weaken; increased probability of La Nina to develop
Analysis of both atmospheric and oceanic indicators in May 2016 shows that the current El Nino continues to weaken. These indicators suggest higher probability of ENSO-neutral conditions to occur in May, June, July
TACLOBAN CITY, Leyte, June 15(PIA)—The bacteria or virus that caused diarrhea outbreak in three Samar areas will be known today once the result of the laboratory examination conducted by health experts will be released.
It is expected that it will be announced by Dr. Minerva Molon, regional director of the Department of Health (DOH) in Eastern Visayas during a one hour press conference to be held at DOH regional office 8.