DWW assessment team has returned from Niger.
Below are the summary points from their report.
Niger 's poor health indicators can
be linked directly to extreme poverty.
- There is a lot of scope of initiating
programmes in the health sector.
- Maternal and Child health are areas
of particular concern.
- Bureaucratic obstacles in setting up
projects are limited.
- There are few local NGOs that would
have the capacity to work with international partners in implementing programmes.
- A specialist Obstetrics and Gynaecology