By ABDIMALIK HAJIR
Chiefs and other government officials handling relief food supplies meant for drought victims in the North Eastern region will be held accountable for any food losses, a senior official has warned.
Regional Coordinator Mohamud Saleh said Thursday the government has mobilised enough resources, rallied the Kenya Red Cross and aid agencies to ensure that all victims of the current drought receive the necessary assistance.
By Irene Mwendwa
Three people have died in North Horr, Marsabit County after consuming untreated water.
According to the county director for public health Adano Kochi, there is an outbreak of diarrhoeal diseases in North Horr and Dukana wards that has affected up to 73 people.
In an interview with the Nation, Mr Kochi said the county health department has responded to the outbreak.
MONDAY MARCH 20 2017
By VIVIAN JEBET
Tension has gripped Kom area in Isiolo County following Sunday clashes that left 10 people and 20 cows dead.
The fierce gun fight over grazing land between Borana and Samburu herders also left one injured.
By mid Monday, some of the pastoralists from Samburu and Borana communities were yet to collect bodies of their colleagues who were killed for burial or preservation in the mortuary.
By IRENE MWENDWA
Two people have been confirmed dead in Kalacha, Marsabit County as residents express fears the number could rise due to prolonged drought.
“Many people have lost their lives as a result of the drought…the area is quite expansive and people hardly report deaths especially for the elderly so we get to know about those around us only," said Kalacha chief Denge Gorai as he confirmed the deaths.
By EUNICE OMOLLO
The MPs, drawn from seven countries in Africa, met in Nairobi last week, where they also declared to harmonise their legislations and coordinate interventions to accelerate the abandonment of FGM in the region.