Sudan Weekly Humanitarian Bulletin, 6 - 12 August 2012
- Flash flooding in many parts of the country is reported to have killed 32 people and affected some 50-80,000 people since the rains began in July, according to the Ministry of Interior. The rainfall has been the heaviest in six years.
- In South Kordofan, some 3,000 people fled from a village in El Abassiya locality following an SPLM-N attack, according to the Government’s Humanitarian Aid Commission.
- In Abyei, Dinka Ngok and the Misseriya community leaders signed an agreement on peaceful coexistence.
- Registration of extremely vulnerable individuals amongst the South Sudanese camping out in the open in departure points in Khartoum has continued.
- In South Darfur, a UNAMID peacekeeper was killed following an attack on Otash IDP camp.
To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit http://unocha.org/.