Mali Complex Emergency Situation Report No. 7
I. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
• As of 4 June, the total number of Internally Displaced People (IDP) within Mali is estimated at 167,257. The number of Malian refugees registered in Burkina Faso, Mauritania and Niger is now 170,489. According to a statement by the Algerian government in March, at least 30,000 more are in Algeria.
• National assessments bring the total number of food-insecure people in Mali up to 4.6 million.
• With the start of the agricultural season 2012-2013 in mid-May, appropriate and timely support to farmers is urgently needed.
• In the regions of Mopti, Koulikoro and Kayes, WFP and its partners, have covered a total of 117.800 out of 233.400 targeted beneficiaries during the first phase of general food distribution.
• As of June 1st, UNICEF has reached nearly 70,000 beneficiaries with the supplies of Inter-Agency Emergency Health Kits (IEHK), Non Food Items (NFI) kits and Recreation Kits in response to the emergency. In addition UNICEF has delivered 11,401 cartons of Ready-to-Use Therapeutic Food.
To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit http://unocha.org/.