Haiti: Earthquake IDP movements out of the metropolitan area of Port-de-Prince in January 2010
- Up to 2.3 million people were displaced.
- Most who left Port-au-Prince (630,000 IDPs) returned in 2010.
- There are 358,000 IDPs (90,415 households) in 496 post-quake camps (Oct. 2012).
- The number of IDPs outside camps is undetermined.
- 73,000 households have been living in tents/makeshift shelters for 3 years.
- Half of homes in Port-au-Prince were destroyed/made uninhabitable; 80% in Leogane.
- At least 58,000 people were displaced in 2012 by floods and hurricanes across the country.