Tropical Storm Hanna: Past and Forecast Track (as of 29 Aug 2008)
According to the Saffir-Simpson
damage scale the potential property damage and flooding from a storm of
Hanna's strength (category 1) at landfall includes:
- Storm surge generally 1.2-1.5 metres (4-5 feet) above normal.
- No real damage to building structures.
- Damage primarily to unanchored mobile homes, shrubbery, and trees.
- Some damage to poorly constructed signs.
- Some coastal road flooding and minor pier damage.
There is also the potential for flooding further inland due to heavy rain.