Jobs

Your gateway for humanitarian and development jobs. Search and/or drill down with filters to narrow down the listings.

17 entries found
Sort by: Latest |Relevance
17 Jan 2017 description
job Closing date: 04 Feb 2017 UN High Commissioner for Refugees

Mission location

Baghdad, Iraq

Duration

Six months

Operational Context

17 Jan 2017 description
job Closing date: 01 Mar 2017 UN High Commissioner for Refugees

Background

The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is mandated to lead and co-ordinate international action to protect refugees and resolve refugee problems worldwide. Its primary purpose is to safeguard the rights and well-being of refugees. It strives to ensure that everyone can exercise the right to seek asylum and find safe refuge in another State.

13 Jan 2017 description
job Closing date: 27 Jan 2017 UN High Commissioner for Refugees

United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)

Representation in Thailand

Vacancy Announcement No. 03/2017

Internal/External Circulation

Position Title: Community Services Intern

Post Level: -

Post No.: -

Report To: Protection Associate (Community-Based) under supervision of Associate Protection Officer

Section: Protection Unit

12 Jan 2017 description
job Closing date: 26 Jan 2017 UN High Commissioner for Refugees

Background Information

Established in December 1950, UNHCR is mandated to lead and coordinate international action to protect and assist refugees. In more than five decades, UNHCR has helped more than 50 million people restart their lives. Today, UNHCR staff in more than 120 countries continue to help and protect millions of refugees, returnees, internally displaced and stateless people.

11 Jan 2017 description
job Closing date: 29 Jan 2017 UN High Commissioner for Refugees

Home-based Consultancy with frequent travel.

Duration: 3 months equivalent full-time work with up to four field mission travels of 7-10 days each.

TERMS OF REFERENCE

General Background of Project or Assignment

11 Jan 2017 description
job Closing date: 22 Jan 2017 UN High Commissioner for Refugees

UNHCR Cote d'Ivoire Job vacancy

PART 2A – IDENTIFICATION OF POSITION

Reference : AV/ICO/001/2017

Duration : 1 February to 30 April 2017.

Level : IICA 1 (ICSC-9/P2 equivalent)

Supervisor : Senior Protection Officer

Location : Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire

Application deadline : until 22 January at 23:59

PART 2B – POSITION REQUIREMENTS

11 Jan 2017 description
job Closing date: 22 Jan 2017 UN High Commissioner for Refugees

Availability of the Post : Immediately

Accountability

  • The needs of persons of concern in the country are assessed and analysed in a participatory manner and using an Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective to form a firm basis for planning.

  • IP agreements are established in a timely manner, regularly monitored and reported on in compliance with established guidelines and procedures.

Duties and Responsibilities:

10 Jan 2017 description
job Closing date: 24 Jan 2017 UN High Commissioner for Refugees

Internship Vacancy: Protection Unit

Internship location> UNHCR-Protection Unit, Quito (Ecuador)

10 Jan 2017 description
job Closing date: 23 Jan 2017 UN High Commissioner for Refugees

Availability of the Post : Immediately

Accountability

  • The needs of persons of concern in the country are assessed and analysed in a participatory manner and using an Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective to form a firm basis for planning.

  • IP agreements are established in a timely manner, regularly monitored and reported on in compliance with established guidelines and procedures.

Duties and Responsibilities:

30 Dec 2016 description
job Closing date: 23 Jan 2017 UN High Commissioner for Refugees

United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)

Representation in Thailand

Vacancy Announcement No. 52/2016

Internal/External Circulation

Position Title: Protection Intern

Post Level: -

Post No.: -

Report To: Protection Associate/Senior Protection Assistant under supervision of Associate Protection Officer

Section: Protection Unit

21 Dec 2016 description
job Closing date: 22 Jan 2017 UN High Commissioner for Refugees

The London Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is seeking to fill the following position:

External Relations Associate (GL6)

Background information

Established in December 1950, the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is mandated to lead and coordinate international action to protect and assist refugees and other persons of concern.

21 Dec 2016 description
job Closing date: 27 Jan 2017 UN High Commissioner for Refugees

General Background

The world is currently faced with an unprecedented 64 million forcibly displaced persons. The global challenges of forced displacement are more evident than ever. While the root causes of forced displacement show no signs of abating, traditional responses have proven inadequate. The average length of displacement now exceeds 20 years, with only one per cent returning to their country of origin in recent years and less than one percent having the option to be resettled to third countries.

16 Dec 2016 description
job Closing date: 23 Jan 2017 UN High Commissioner for Refugees

United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)

Representation in Thailand

Vacancy Announcement No. 50/2016

Internal/External Circulation

(Re-Advertisement)

Position Title: Senior Data Management Assistant

Post Level: Equivalent to GS-5

Post No.: -

Report To: Associate Protection Officer (Statelessness)

Section: Protection Unit

29 Nov 2016 description
job Closing date: 31 Jan 2017 UN High Commissioner for Refugees

Background and Rationale

The world is currently faced with an unprecedented 65 million refugees and other forcibly displaced persons. Only one per cent returning to their country of origin and less than one percent are resettled to third countries.

28 Apr 2016 description
job Closing date: 28 Apr 2017 UN High Commissioner for Refugees

Administrative duties

  • Provide general administrative support to the UNHCR office;
  • Manage office correspondence;
  • Organise appointments and assist in office planning;
  • Operate the switchboard and receive visitors;
  • Assist with travel arrangements;
  • Assist in planning (meetings, events, PACE etc.).

Refugee law related duties

16 Jan 2015 description
job Closing date: 20 Jan 2017 UN High Commissioner for Refugees

Ecuador has the largest refugee population in Latin America, most of them people fleeing from the internal armed conflict in the neighboring Colombia. As of September 2015 the Ecuadorian Government had recognized more than 60,000 refugees in Ecuador, 60 per cent of them live in urban areas while most of the remaining 40 per cent stay near the border in remote areas, with scarce development, limited basic services and little infrastructure. UNHCR has offices in Quito, Esmeraldas, Carchi, Sucumbios,and Guayaquil provinces.

27 May 2014 description
job Closing date: 20 Jan 2017 UN High Commissioner for Refugees

Ecuador has the largest refugee population in Latin America, most of them people fleeing from the internal armed conflict in the neighboring Colombia. As of September 2015 the Ecuadorian Government had recognized more than 60,000 refugees in Ecuador, 60 per cent of them live in urban areas while most of the remaining 40 per cent stay near the border in remote areas, with scarce development, limited basic services and little infrastructure. UNHCR has offices in Quito, Esmeraldas, Carchi, Sucumbios,and Guayaquil provinces.