Team Leader, Evaluation of CSO’s Burma Engagement, Burma
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. We provide a full range of innovative program evaluation, management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations and policies. Our global services are in the areas of democracy and governance, health and education, agriculture, the environment, and economic growth.
This evaluation of the conflict mitigation and peace-building programming in Burma is managed by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Conflict and Stabilization Operations (CSO). The evaluation will focus on the period of CSO’s involvement in Burma, from May 2012 – July 2014.
The evaluation should examine the CSO Burma engagement’s activities (including monitoring, analysis, reporting, strategizing, and advising that informed U.S. diplomatic engagement, as well as $2 million in programs, and a civil society event) to determine its effectiveness in meeting objectives and the degree to which it will likely catalyze future results. The evaluation should also distill lessons learned and make recommendations for future CSO and Department of State activities in Burma and other similar environments.
- Design the evaluation;
- Provide leadership for the team;
- Coordinate activities;
- Design the evaluation;
- Guide writing of evaluation report;
- Consolidate individual input from team members;
- Coordinate the process of assembling the final findings and recommendations, and;
- Lead the preparation and presentation of the key evaluation findings and recommendations.
- At least 10 years of field experience in program evaluation, including experience evaluating conflict prevention and mitigation efforts;
- Graduate degree in social sciences, skilled in research design, and quantitative and qualitative methods, including process-tracing;
- Experience working with State, USAID, other USG agencies, host-country governments, NGOs and other international donors;
- Should understand the internal State policy-making process.
To apply, kindly submit a CV and an application to https://socialimpact.devhire.devex.com/jobs/329923
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
We will contact only eligible candidates to further discuss their availability. Please no phone calls. Social Impact is an equal opportunity employer.