Chief of Party (COP)
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI) is seeking qualified Chief of Party (COP) candidates for an anticipated Mission-wide M&E support services program for USAID/ El Salvador. This program will provide high quality M&E services for the USAID portfolio in El Salvador including the following tasks: design and carry out rigorous performance and impact evaluations; collect, analyze, and report monitoring data; assist the Mission and its partners to harmonize and revise performance management systems including performance management plans (PMP) and M&E plan indicators; and develop and deliver targeted M&E training for partners and Mission staff in support of USAID/El Salvador programs.
Position Description The Chief of Party will be responsible for the following tasks and duties: • Serve as the point of contact for USAID and the IBTCI home office in El Salvador and will be responsible for the activities of all long and short-term personnel; • The Chief of Party shall receive technical direction from the USAID/El Salvador’s Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR); • Meet with USAID on a regular basis and represent the project before USAID/El Salvador, Government of El Salvador, implementing partners and other stakeholders; • Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including government officials, NGOs and community groups for smooth implementation; • Mentor, support and supervise project staff and directly manage the key technical team; • Facilitate the development of annual project work plans and budgets and ensure the timely submission and quality of all project reports, materials, and publications, compliant with the contract agreement; • Ensure necessary program planning, development, resource availability and management activities function smoothly and efficiently.
• A Master’s degree or higher in international development, MBA, or related field, preferably with a focus on M&E, applied research, or economics;
• At least 10 years of progressively responsible experience managing programs of similar size and scope in developing countries, ideally with a M&E focus;
• At least 10 years of leadership experience working with USAID programs, preferably directing M&E support services, evaluations, and other types of field studies;
• Previous experience as a Chief of Party on other USAID projects, ideally with an M&E focus;
• Demonstrated experience to manage complex, multi-year, cross-sectoral development programs, preferably in El Salvador or Latin America.
• Must have appropriately related work experience in developing countries, addressing organizational development needs in complex environments; • Prior work experience in El Salvador preferred; • Strong communication, writing and interpersonal skills are required; • Fluency in Spanish and English (reading, writing, and speaking) are required.
Organization Description International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over eighty-five countries and has implemented over one hundred and fifty projects. IBTCI has served governments, private sector companies and several donor agencies in the practice area of Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including education, health, economic growth and democracy & governance. IBTCI’s other practice areas include: Accountancy and Financial Management; Procurement Services; Banking and Finance and Private Sector Development.
Please send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “El Salvador Mission-COP”. No phone calls please. Only final candidates will be contacted. IBTCI is an equal opportunity employer.