Education Officer - unpaid position
Support teachers in their educational role to improve program quality
Objective 1: Advise in program design and implementation
• Collaborate with teachers to plan appropriate and inclusive lessons
• Provide training and development opportunities for students
• Provide support and feedback on the facilitation and organization of the written and taught curriculum throughout the school
• Facilitate teacher training on topics as appropriate
Objective 2: Advising in monitoring and evaluation
• Monitor the timely, correct and contractually appropriate implementation of proposed activities in the province.
• Contribute to developing concept papers and proposals for prospective donors.
• Participate in updates of the strategy, in addition to the larger country strategy to which it contributes.
Objective 3: Representation
• Represent externally and collaborate/coordinate with government authorities, NGOs, donors
• Represent and participate in district and provincial-level meetings as necessary
• Make sure that all the relevant stakeholders have enough information about the organizations background, program, objectives, working areas, duration of programs and activities in the field.
• Promote and reinforce relationship with district and province technical authorities.
• Ensure correct MOUs are in place with relevant district/province stakeholders.
Recommended Skills and Experience:
• Background in education
• Experience in designing and developing curricula
• Experience in facilitation, training and community mobilization
• Training in gender issues; proven effectiveness in cross-cultural settings
• Prior overseas experience an asset.
This position is part of Workforce Humanities Humanitarian Development Program. The position is unpaid and participants must cover their own food, accommodation, flight and insurance. This is a post-graduate program that enables entry level humanitarians a step into their career. Visit www.workforcehumanity.com or submit your application to email@example.com