Business Development Officer - unpaid position
Objective 1: Advising in Business Development programming
• Advise the team in activities
• Advise in the program implementation modalities (targeting criteria, mobilization modalities, local partnerships, participant training curricula, monitoring systems, staff schedules, etc.) in coordination with Supervisor
• Ensure quality and integrity of implementation, administrative systems, and established deadlines. Identify and respond to related staff capacity building priorities.
• Develop regular project monitoring that includes participatory methods, program, progress toward achieving targets, ability to measure stated indicators, program adherence to methodology, budget expenditure, etc.
• Evaluate the relevance and appropriateness of current and future programming in relation to the business development activities.
• Contribute to the prepare internal and external reports for the NGO and donors, including expenditure plans and SitReps.
Objective 2: Advising in implementation, monitoring and evaluation
• Monitor the timely, correct and contractually appropriate implementation of proposed business development activities
• Monitor the project Procurement Planning, and financial forecasting regarding business development programming.
• Regular monitoring and impact assessment of business development activities and incorporate lessons learned to existing programs on a timely basis
• Contribute to developing concept papers and proposals for prospective donors.
• Participate in updates of the strategy, in addition to the larger country strategy to which it contributes.
Objective 3: Representation
• Represent externally and collaborate/coordinate with government authorities, NGOs and donors
• Make sure that all the relevant stakeholders have enough information about the organizations background, program, objectives, working areas, duration of programs and activities in the field.
• Relevant qualifications/diploma in Business Studies or other related field
• Experience in developing and implementing Business Development Services
• Experience in training and monitoring progress
• Experience in setting up and supporting groups/cooperatives
• Proven results in the development of small enterprise
This position is part of Workforce Humanities Humanitarian Development Program. The position is unpaid and participants must cover their own food, accommodation, flight and insurance. This is a post-graduate program that enables entry level humanitarians a step into their career. Visit www.workforcehumanity.com or submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org