Water and Sanitation PM (Humanitarian Development Program - unpaid)
Duration: 6 months
Objective 1: Manage WASH programming in the province.
• Guide the WASH team in water, sanitation and hygiene promotion programming, in broader coordination with other sectors
• Define program implementation modalities (targeting criteria, mobilization modalities, local partnerships, participant training curricula, monitoring systems, staff schedules, etc.) in coordination with Supervisor
• Ensure quality and integrity of implementation, including adherence to technical guidelines, administrative systems, and established deadlines. Identify and respond to related staff capacity building priorities.
• Develop regular project monitoring that includes participatory methods, program, progress toward achieving targets, ability to measure stated indicators, program adherence to methodology, budget expenditure, etc.
• Evaluate the relevance and appropriateness of current and future programming in relation to water, sanitation and hygiene promotion in the local context.
• Contribute to agency contingency planning for possible WASH emergency response if required.
• Prepare internal and external reports for KIRDARC and donors, including expenditure plans and SitReps.
• Mainstreaming gender, protection and DRR in project/program activities.
Objective 2: Responsible for WASH implementation, monitoring and evaluation in the province.
• Responsible for the timely, correct and contractually appropriate implementation of proposed WASH activities in the province.
• Responsible for Project Procurement Planning, and financial forecasting regarding WASH programming.
• Develop culturally acceptable and easy to understand hygiene and sanitation promotion tools for public health promotion and ensure appropriate implementation of it.
• Regular monitoring and impact assessment of hygiene and sanitation promotion activities and incorporate lessons learned to existing programs on a timely basis
• Contribute to developing concept papers and proposals for prospective donors.
• Participate in updates of the WASH strategy, in addition to the larger country strategy to which it contributes.
Objective 3: Representation
• Represent externally and collaborate/coordinate with government authorities, NGOs , and UN agencies on WaSH issues at district level in coordination with your supervisor
• Represent and participate in district and provincial-level WaSH meetings and other relevant humanitarian/recovery coordination meetings.
• Make sure that all the relevant stakeholders have enough information about the organizations background, program, objectives, working areas, duration of programs and activities in the field.
• Promote and reinforce relationship with district and province technical authorities.
• Ensure correct MOUs are in place with relevant district/province stakeholders.
The Humanitarian Development Program is for entry level humanitarian workers who are looking for practical field experience to get into the sector. It is a 6 month placement in Nepal. Please send your letter of motivation and C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org