Regional Operations and Humanitarian Response Director- MEEE
Save the Children is the worlds leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save childrens lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Contract length: 24 months
- Will lead operations support aimed to ensure strong management of the Save the Children MEEE Country and Humanitarian Response Offices and impactful SC humanitarian and development programming in all MEEE countries.
- Is responsible for supporting operational and humanitarian aspects of SC programming in MEEE and ensuring adequate systems (including logistics/supply chain, IT, and counter-fraud) are in place both to enable quality program delivery in the field and to facilitate the offices in meeting their management KPIs.
- Is responsible for oversight of selected country-level humanitarian response operations and potentially new regional humanitarian projects and programs.
- Will ensure that high quality support is given to CO, Regional Office and member staff in order to optimise the operational delivery of humanitarian and development programs in the MEEE region.
- Is a key member of the regional leadership team, and will take shared responsibility and accountability for delivering Save the Childrens strategy within the region.
- Will ensure that our humanitarian goals are achieved in all responses, and further our regional representation in inter-agency fora.
Will raise our global capabilities for early warning and emergency preparedness and build a future-orientated, innovation focussed regional humanitarian leadership team and programming culture.
Qualifications and experience
Significant (ten years or more) senior level leadership and management experience in a large and complex international NGO or organization
- Significant experience in managing most or all of the key elements of humanitarian and development operations: proposal development, planning, quality assurance, award management, logistics, emergency response, preparedness and capacity building
- Post-graduate qualifications or equivalent experience in international development, humanitarian actions, risk reduction/resilience, leadership, management or a related discipline
- Substantial knowledge of international development systems, institutions and donors, and of procedures, accountability frameworks and best practices
- Robust experience in developing and implementing organisational vision and strategies
- The highest level of expertise in representation and negotiation with governments/donors and international agencies
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a matrix management environment. Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Solid project management skills related to organisational development projects and international, cross-functional teams with a proven history of delivering results
- Excellent dispute resolution, facilitation and team building skills
- Experience of building personal networks at senior levels, resulting in securing significant new opportunities for the organisation
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in
- Models international development best practices, and the leadership behaviours outlined in Save the Childrens strategy
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours in the event of major responses including travelling at short notice
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bGl6YS4wMzAyNy4zODMwQHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZHJlbm...