Private Sector Advisor, USAID Tuberculosis Innovations and Health Systems Strengthening Project in the Philippines
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Private Sector Advisor
Reporting to the Chief of Party, the Private Sector Advisor will lead the activity’s engagement and partnerships with the private sector to contribute to quality TB detection and treatment outcomes. S/he will lead the review of existing private sector strategies and work closely with national stakeholders to develop and implement new strategies and pilot innovative private sector activities. S/he will advise the National TB Program and other relevant government departments to develop new programs based on international best practices and experience. S/he will also provide guidance and technical support to develop private sector governance and management tools to promote sustainability and institutionalization of interventions.
The position shall be based out of Manila, Philippines and for a period of 5 years. The recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project to FHI 360 and final USAID approval of the candidate.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Provide technical guidance to the intermediary organizations that will coordinate services in the private sector in Philippines.
- Lead adaptation of existing NTP national training curriculum for use in training private providers in the program.
- Lead implementation of referral system within the private sector network and to/from the private sector as necessary
- Serve as the main point of contact with technical experts in the private sector, especially from the project and with the NTP
- Contribute to the Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan, including gathering and analyzing data.
- Participate in technical working groups on infectious diseases.
- Supervise other technical staff on the project.
- Collaborate with NTP, other partners and liaise with the key stakeholders to share information and learnings
- Monitor implementation of planned activities through periodic consultations, monthly progress review meetings, reports review, and field trips.
- Advanced degree (Medical Degree, Masters, or PhD) in public health, international affairs, economics, business, or social
- At least 12 years of experience developing governance and management tools and
- programs that support sustainability of programs with the private sector
- At least five (5) years working on private sector governance and management in
- countries outside of the Philippines
- Experience working with national TB programs
- Knowledge of and experience working in the field of health financing
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple stakeholders and create and maintain effective relationships with Government personnel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.