Humanitarian Programme Manager - Mali
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to all programmatic aspects of Save the Children International humanitarian and emergency response in Mali
- Ensure programme activities are effective and meet long-term goals and objectives of Save the Children, its donors, and the target population.
- Ensure immediate and appropriate response to children's needs during humanitarian crises.
- Ensure cross sector collaboration among technical units.
- Ensure funding proposals are produced and donor reporting requirements are adhered to, and are of the highest standard.
- Ensure that Save the Children's commitment to improving quality and accountability in humanitarian work is upheld, and complies with all relevant policies and procedures with respect to child protection, health and safety.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field required, Masters degree preferred
- Recommended minimum of 5 years' experience in humanitarian programme management, preparedness and response in several fragile or complex contexts
- Extensive on the ground experience in multi-sectoral humanitarian response, including , Health & nutrition, Emergency Food security, WASH and child protection
- Experience of managing multi-donor, multi-site programmes (including ECHO, DANIDA, and OFDA)
- Demonstrated experience in logistics management
- Demonstrated experience of working in insecure environments
- Experience of working with partners and a participatory approach
Knowledge and Skills
- Understanding of international humanitarian aid systems and agencies
- Knowledge of humanitarian response and transitional program concepts, policies, frameworks, strategies and components, as well as development concepts and frameworks
- Solid budgeting skills and knowledge of key donor regulations
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Strong relationship building, influencing, negotiating & interpersonal skills, with the ability to liaise with key stakeholders on child rights issues
- Substantial understanding or proven experience of security management issues.
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances
- Fluency in English and French, both verbal and written
- Commitment to Save the Children's practices and procedures and ways of working with children
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Experience or knowledge of working in Mali
- Experience of working with Save the Children
- Experience of Education and Child Protection in Emergencies programming
Contract length: 1 year
Location : Mopti, Mali
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Application Email: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to: 'Fsy.email@example.com'