Country Manager - Rwanda
Country Manager - Rwanda
- Located in Kigali, Rwanda
- Key role within a world-renowned international development NGO
- Lead a growing team to help end avoidable blindness
Come and join our international development organisation where we are ensuring that the vision of Fred Hollows lives on. We are working to eradicate avoidable blindness by 2020, and are committed to working with partners to bring about change that is sustainable and reaches even the most vulnerable communities. Working across more than 26 countries, our vision is for a world where no one is needlessly blind.
We are seeking an experienced International development professional to lead and manage The Foundation’s Country Program in Rwanda. You will work closely with the Government of Rwanda and our partners and stakeholders in Government to not only ensure that important eye health activities are carried out in communities but that our strategic objectives of strengthening the health systems in Rwanda are achieved. With support from a growing team and the benefit of our experience in Rwanda, you will be responsible for ensuring that our Country Program has the capacity to go to the next level and deliver greater benefits in the areas we work. In addition, the successful candidate will also have responsibility over The Foundation program activities currently being implemented in Burundi where we do not have a Country Program Office.
We are seeking a motivated individual who has a significant level of experience in leading international development and/or public health programs. You must be an accomplished leader who has a proven track record of building capacity and establishing operational excellence. Advocacy skills, management expertise, and solid communications skills are critical for the position.
The successful applicant will have solid senior leadership experience; capacity to work effectively in cross-cultural environments; and capacity to engage and influence senior levels of government, multi-lateral agencies and other relevant stakeholders to build strong country program.
Essential criteria includes:
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, International Development or related field
- Extensive experience (minimum of 10 years) managing complex programs in public health or development; ideally with some exposure to eye health programming and new business development.
- Demonstrated capacity for high-level representation and strategic advocacy: able to engage and influence senior levels of government, multi-lateral agencies and other partners
- Experience managing a team and working in a global environment
- Project management and project design experience
- Strong written and verbal English ability
How to apply & who to contact
For a detailed Job description and for information on how to apply, please visit our website http://www.hollows.org/au/careers/current-vacancies
Alternatively, If you would like further information, please contact our Recruitment Specialist Lynette Chen or Nicole Cunningham on +61 2 8741 1969.
Applications close: Friday 28th July, 2017
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have the appropriate right to work in Rwanda.
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child safe environment.