Development Operations Manager
Location: New York City, NY
Language Requirement: English required; French capability a plus
myAgro is expanding rapidly, growing from serving tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of small-scale farmers across the globe. myAgro is a startup social enterprise with the mission of helping 1 million farmers earn $1.50 more per day by 2025, doubling their income and lifting them out of poverty. Learn more about myAgro from our founder.
About the Development Operations Manager role:
myAgro is seeking a dynamic and entrepreneurial development professional to take the lead on all internal and operational processes for the myAgro Development team. You will be the chief of the internal systems and will build a best-in-class development structure that will support myAgro’s fast-growing fundraising program with corporations, foundation and institutions. The Development Operations Manager will work closely with myAgro’s VP of Development and the CEO to develop new content for proposals, reports, and pitch materials.
The key responsibility for this position is to create and manage the internal systems that will ensure strong donor stewardship of current donors, and accelerate outreach to prospects. The Manager will oversee prospect research, donor reporting, creation of pitch materials, and grant writing. The Manager will utilise Salesforce as the database, reporting and forecasting tool. This is an internal facing role that is essential for achieving myAgro’s fundraising targets. This position will manage a team of two associates and a prospect research firm, and will report to the VP of Development.
This position will be based in New York City with occasional travel to West Africa.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Apply moves management approach to prospect pipeline to ensure qualified leads are constantly advancing.
- Manage a remote team: a Development Associate in California, a Communications Associate in Senegal, and a prospect research firm to support this effort
- Work with the VP of Development to identify new donor prospects and implement outreach/communications plan to secure these new sources of funding
- Develop and write compelling and impactful grant proposals and donor reports
- Develop materials to steward existing donor relationships to ensure future funding opportunities
- Work with program teams to compile information and develop content for timely reports to donors
- Conduct research, define strategies and talking points for CEO, VP of Development and other senior myAgro staff to implement at major conferences and meetings that include attendance of donors and prospects
- Set up meetings at conferences as appropriate and track follow-up from those events
- Maintain and report on performance metrics towards goals
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree
- Salesforce savvy
- 5+ years of direct experience and proven success in securing funding from foundations, corporations and governments
- Knowledge of international development and/or international agriculture and rural development
- Strong understanding of the project management cycle to achieve results
- Experience living or working in sub-Saharan Africa or in a developing country in another part of the world preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Entrepreneurial attitude, proven success in building a portfolio of institutional funders
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, including compelling writing abilities
- Creative, critical and analytical thinker - able to co-design implementable projects with program teams
- Strong problem solving, research, and analytical skills
- Self-starter with a passion for working collaboratively with a small team
- Ability to thrive and deliver results in an unstructured and dynamic environment
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, donor databases (i.e. Blackbaud eTapestry), and online fundraising platforms
- Flexible work schedule, ability to work on weekends, early in the morning or late in the evening depending on work requirements
- Emotional maturity and a good sense of humor
- Compensation is modest but competitive with other early-stage non-profit organisations
- Health benefits, including dental, vision and emergency insurance
- 4 weeks of annual vacation plus national holidays
- Computer stipend
- Co-working space stipend
- See the immediate impact of helping farming families move out of poverty!
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume here.