Crisis Response Security Consultant
Position Title: Crisis Response Security Advisor (Consultant)
Project Name: Integrated Humanitarian Assistance
Seeking qualified applicants for an anticipated future project.
Background and Main Objective:
FHI 360’s Crisis Response team is addressing the increasing number of armed conflicts, unprecedented flow of refugees and greater frequency of natural disasters around the world. With a mission to improve lives globally, FHI 360 is dedicated to address growing humanitarian crises through integrated solutions in WASH, Health, Nutrition, and Protection from crisis to resilience. We aim to apply both our humanitarian and development approaches from the earlier points of crisis through stabilization.
This is a call for qualified individuals to apply for the Crisis Response team's global humanitarian response roster, with a regional focus on the Middle East, i.e Iraq. The Crisis Response team is seeking a Security Advisor (consultant) to assist in the assessment, proposal design and project launch of an integrated humanitarian project. The Security Advisor will be expected to coordinate with INSO and other security stakeholders in the area to identify challenges, develop protocols, and implement procedures. This position will work closely with the Emergency Response Team Leader and liaise with HQ Security in Washington, DC.
- Develop a comprehensive security plan and procedure to ensure that all project staff and assets are secure.
- Develop a communications plan to ensure that staff are kept fully aware of all security challenges in the area.
- Determine the appropriate communication devices needed to ensure staff safety.
- Attend security coordination meetings with INSO, security stakeholders, and implementing partners.
- Comprehensive security procedures and protocol for project team
- Develop and implement security trainings for staff members
- Implementation of internally-funded activities
5+ years prior international NGO experience implementing humanitarian programs required, preferably in complex emergency or post-conflict settings.
Advanced degree in relevant field and related job experience in logistics and procurement in humanitarian crises required.
Demonstrated experience with international donors required.
Prior experience implementing a USAID/OFDA project highly desired.
Work experience in the Middle East (especially Iraq) preferred.
Key Behaviors & Abilities
Strong ability to work with a multi-ethnic team in an unstable environment
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Able to prioritize multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines
Fluency in English required